Saturday, November 17, 2007

Multiplication Lapbook

Okay, folks here's the Math Lapbook we've been working on! You wont find a master template anywhere on the web. This book was designed and created in my head, however, you are free to use this entire idea if you like.

This lapbook was created from gluing two file folders together. You can find how to put the two together at this Link.

Here's the book standing on end and open.

A look at the first page.

Inside that pink envelope are little dots with numbers to multiply. Tink lays them beside the 3 and works the problem. It's like little game pieces. The paper for the envelope is just scrap book paper.

This is the fours in a petal fold book. You can find the link to that book here.

If you look at the open lapbook pic above you will see the keys hanging there. These are fastened on by Velcro and become their own little set of keys to practice on when you unattach them from the book. That link is found here too.

The acorn book is attached with Velcro also and comes off to stand on its own as a separate book. The acorn pattern can be found at Shape Books.


This is a pic of the cards that can be found in the cup pocket tied with the rope. That pic is two pictures up from this one. See the cards sticking out of the cup? The link to that fold is here.

Now this one is my all time favorite. This is an envelope I made out of scrapbooking paper. In it are the multiplication tables for eight.

I used regular Christmas gift tags for the flash cards inside! Needless to say, I was quite proud of my idea! I positively love this one!!

And here's the last page. I used an accordion fold to make this caterpillar.

Only his head is attached with Velcro because the book keeps falling open. The book itself is glued into the folder.


This is the 11's and again it's just a book with little windows. The 12's on the far side are made into a flip book that is once again attached with velcro. The templates for both can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome and inspiring! We just started lapbooking and I cannot wait to do one for multiplication. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to find this! My son is working on learning multiplication so I am definately doing this with him. I think I may make a subtraction one using the same ideas that you gave for my daughter. I will share this link on my blog in my weekly wrap-up when I finish making mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to add to the discussion here. Your ideas and thoughts are always welcome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin